Plans for making ABC sections on the main site

For the ABC 286 and 386 series of Atari Business Computer.
ST Graveyard

Post by ST Graveyard » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 am

Hello,

Are there any plans for making Atari ABC info sections on the main site?

Kr,
Maarten

AtariPC.net
Site Admin

Re: Plans for making ABC sections on the main site

Post by AtariPC.net » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:14 am

This is a question I'm often asked and for a long time resisted because to be honest I have never had much interest in them. :) The Atari PC line is the main focus mostly out of having a great deal of love for these PC's for it being my very first introduction to the IBM PC world. So many great memories and nostalgia is tied up in it.

But in saying that I'm finding it harder and harder to ignore the ABC's largely due to the fact I'm discovering the ties between the Atari PC line and ABC line are stronger than I originally released after more information has recently come to light with the PC4. It seems the development of the Atari ABC 286 series very much coincided with the Atari PC4 which is not only seen in the fact they share the same BIOS, but also with interesting discovery of a Atari ABC 286 in a Atari PC chassis with a board which looks like the "missing link" so to speak between the PC4 and ABC 286:

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.p ... tari+pc4lc

In short I think will add them to the site at a later date just not right now. In the meantime though a lot of the documentation I recently received which is slowly being added to the Document Archive covers the ABC's so there will at least be some good information for owners of the ABC.
AtariPC.net
Atari PC | IBM Compatible Series

leguinnip

Post by leguinnip » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 am

any way you can put up a link to that for us non facebook folk ?